Apply makeup does not need to be difficult. In order to maintain the most beautiful appearance, however, it is important to know what you are doing when it comes to makeup. Below are the best 15 makeup tips that you should know about.
Best 15 Makeup Tips
1. Don’t feel as though you need to be a fashion slave. Following the current makeup trends may be okay, but if you feel uncomfortable, don’t be afraid to be an individual.
2. Opt for natural shades of makeup whenever you possibly can. Wearing vibrant or bright colors is not a bad thing, but it is also okay to be yourself.
3. Sometimes, having fuller eyebrows looks the best. It is best to make sure that you are not going overly thin with them.
4. Never be afraid to experiment with different shades of makeup to find out what looks the best on you. Something that you may be afraid to try out could be what will compliment you the most.
5. Always be sure to blend your concealer in well or you are going to appear as though you have a face mask on.
6. You may want to consider using brown or gray eyeliner. Black does not always appear very natural and can actually bring a lot of attention away from your eyes.
7. Make sure that you have a regular skin care routine that you use if you want to have the most beautiful skin. This includes cleansing, exfoliating and moisturizing. If you neglect these three steps, your skin may experience certain problems, such as acne, dryness or excessive oil.
8. When choosing concealer, make sure that you opt for the shade that is closest to your own skin color. Shades that are too light or too dark are likely to stand out.
9. Make sure that you get rid of your makeup after a certain amount of time or it will begin to develop bacteria. It is important to make sure that you keep track of when you purchase your makeup. Mascara, eyeliner and eye shadow should not be kept any longer than six months. Other types of makeup should be thrown away after one year.
10. Apply your eyeliner first, your eye shadow second and your mascara last. This will help prevent your mascara from streaking.
11. Do not choose a blush that is too red. It is always best to opt for a lighter peach or pink shade for the most natural look.
12. It is always best to avoid matching your lipstick color to your eye shadow color. It is likely to take away attention from your face and focus more attention on your matching makeup colors.
13. Although matching your makeup to your clothing may seem like a good idea, sometimes it is best to choose colors that compliment you best.
14. Learn what shades of eye shadow make your eye color stand out the most. For blue eyes, try whites and browns. For green eyes, try grays and purples. For brown eyes, try blues and blacks. It really does depend on your own eye color, however, so it is best to experiment.
15. Always be sure to remove makeup before you go to bed at night.